Why become a member? ×

Sandberg JM4 Hardcore Aged 3TSB Bass ON HOLD

rosco

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum but have been drooling over many a delicious bass over the past few months :lol:

Anyways, it's with a heavy heart that i've decided to put my Sandberg JM4 Hardcore Aged Bass up for sale (inc. Sandberg softcase) :)
Purely down to bills, bills, bills for the most part, and the fact that I can't part with my 'roadworn' musicman stingray as it's been through too many wars, hence the sentimental attachment!

I know I don't need to rhyme off the facts about these basses here. I spent a month looking for and trying to obtain this bass as it was a nightmare to find a good deal in the UK (or a good finish!), that wasn't been listed at retail price (just over £1400 for the hardcore aged series). As soon as I A/B'd a JM4 with a jazz bass in my local music store I was blown away. To my ears, it sounds like a cross between a musicman and a precision when blended 70/30 on the pickup selection knob, a jazz on roids closer to the bridge and remarkably precision like closer to the neck.. an Amazing instrument. It really is a better bass than my musicman.. better build quality, easier to play and far more versatile.. but like I said, I can't sell the trusted old dear.

Ok, so I purchased this new from a german music store called rockshop.de around 3 months ago new (ironic i know :lol: for the best deal they could offer which was £1269 + P&P. It's only been gigged a handful of times, in great condition (all be it a heavy relic!) and setup perfectly! I know the resale value on these bad boys isn't the best (god knows why as they're phenomenal instruments with a better build quality than any fender or musicman i've ever played) but I don't really want to part with it for any less than £850 + P&P.

I know the market place for relic'd instruments isn't as prosperous as 'mint condition', but anyone interested in this beaut will no doubt be a 'beaten up fender/jaco nut' who craves a bass riddled with mojo :lol: It's by far the best relic job i've see on this line of sandbergs so far..probably due to the ideal finish, 3TSB.

Anyways, drop us a PM if you're interested. I'll happily post to the UK (insured), but would prefer local pickup if possible as it doesn't come with a hardcase (Glasgow based, happy to do a wee jaunt e.g. Edinburgh or a half way meet as well).

Please excuse the average quality mobile phone pics btw. As always, they really don't do the finish justice and I can happily borrow a digital camera if anyone fancies a more detailed swatch :rolleyes:

Cheers

Ross

Edited by rosco

I probably bore BCers senseless with my banging on about how amazing these sandbergs are, but I'm going to say it again - these basses are absolutely knockout. I really want a hardcore aged one, tho probably a PM set up rather than a JM and, I know it's irrational, but I have a mental block about sunbursts - so lovely as this is it's not for me (tho anyone with a hardcore aged sky blue PM should live in fear of having their arm ripped off...)

Anyways, have a slightly rambling bump on me for a fantasic bass!

[quote name='rosco' post='917273' date='Aug 6 2010, 06:27 PM']Bump![/quote]

another bump from another Sandberg fan.
These trylu are extraordinary instruments.
I reckon Leo Fender himself would have been envious of making an instrument this good.
if i didn't already own the Deluxe version of this bass, I would be thieving to buy this at that price.

good luck seller and enjoy buyer