Why become a member? ×

traded Spector USA bolt-on 5, very good condition

nobodysprefect

Edited: The preamp is NOT stock! Also, better photos, no photoshop. Sorry for the non-existent cropping.

Well, I thought I was over buying and selling basses, but I happened to buy this and... It's only got five strings! I can't get over not having the high c!

So, the good:
* Spector Tone + a bolt-on neck means a big growly tone that will never be buried in a mix. Goes mellow if you like, spanky if you dig in. Me likey.
*Electronics are not the stock, the preamp (often cited as the weakest link) is upgraded into what is apparently an EMG BQC system. The Bridge 40TW is often considered one of the better options for bridge placement in Spectors.
* Ergonomics. Really, US Spectors shine in this department, and I've been very pleasantly surprised how little of a reach the neck makes. Very light weight. Does very low action very well.
* The looks - a matter of taste, but I like the translucent black and the body shape combo a lot.

the bad:
* the string spacing will be close for some. I find this easier to slap than a Warwick 5, for comparison.

the ugly:
* the pot knobs seriously need to be upgraded to metal. What are those americans thinking?
* there are minuscule dents in the back, which hardly show
* the Gary Willis tuners are ugly, but highly functional

Comes with a really minty Spector hard case. Truss rod functions beautifully.

Price: for a limited time, GBP1000, I'll pay half the shipping. There's something I'd like to buy that's available now.

Trade options: can't hurt to offer whatever it is you're thinking of letting go, can it?

[quote][/quote]

Edited by nobody's prefect