Why become a member? ×

Aguilar AG500SC problem

firmo

Hello everyone,

I bought an Aggie AG500SC a month or so ago (used). After about a week it's went into what's called "Thermal/DC Mode" which is basically a protection mode. I've been in touch with Aguilar and have tried everything they've suggested but nothing has worked.

The nearest place to me that sells Aguilar gear is Guitar Guitar in Newcastle, i've rang them but they don't have an engineer there that can have a look at the amp for me. I've since took it into a recommended tech in Darlington but he said he can't do anything withing a wiring diagram. I've been back in touch with Aguilar asking for one of these but as this tech isn't a trading company as such, they won't be able to supply him with one (which is fair enough).

Does anyone know anyone around the north east where I might be able to take my poor amp in to get looked at/repaired? I feel like i'm constantly banging my head against a brick wall and it's getting me down a bit.

Thanks everyone.

Kev

[quote name='firmo' post='913759' date='Aug 3 2010, 12:30 PM']Hello everyone,

I bought an Aggie AG500SC a month or so ago (used). After about a week it's went into what's called "Thermal/DC Mode" which is basically a protection mode. I've been in touch with Aguilar and have tried everything they've suggested but nothing has worked.

The nearest place to me that sells Aguilar gear is Guitar Guitar in Newcastle, i've rang them but they don't have an engineer there that can have a look at the amp for me. I've since took it into a recommended tech in Darlington but he said he can't do anything withing a wiring diagram. I've been back in touch with Aguilar asking for one of these but as this tech isn't a trading company as such, they won't be able to supply him with one (which is fair enough).

Does anyone know anyone around the north east where I might be able to take my poor amp in to get looked at/repaired? I feel like i'm constantly banging my head against a brick wall and it's getting me down a bit.

Thanks everyone.

Kev[/quote]

Mauritron (who I have used and can recommend) claim to have the manual if you don't mind paying - [url="http://www.mauritron.com/"]http://www.mauritron.com/[/url]

I'd give them a ring just to make sure though.

I'm definitely getting back into the amp repair business :)