Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender US Jazz 1999

Fender US Jazz Bass, 1999 American Traditional model. I got this last year from Rasta in a trade for my Warwick Corvette. It's an absolutely amazing jazz with lots of honk and bite, but with a soft touch it can really sing. However, as lovely as it is, I hardly play it nowadays as I play my fretless pretty exclusively, and I hate having things I don't use; think of me like an anti-hoarder. :)

This one has made the rounds on basschat - see old sales [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54026&hl=american+traditional+jazz"]here[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61867&hl=american+traditional+jazz"]here[/url].

Excellent condition; a few little dings here and there, but nothing serious.

The bass has been upgraded in a few places, some where done by me, some by a previous owner; firstly the bridge has been replaced with a Gotoh 203. The pickups were Kent Armstrongs, but I replaced them with DiMarzio Ultra Jazz - hum-cancelling split coils that sound like single coils, albeit a little beefier, with no hum. They still retain lots of high end though, just with a bit more bass. All of the electronic cavities have been shielded with copper tape, so there is no noise at all. Finally, I changed the tuners for Hipshots - these are ultra smooth, stable, and have a 27:1 ratio.

The bass comes with a hard case, and has been recently set up, with a lovely low action.

Now £450 / £475 delivered, not really looking for trades at the moment.
[attachment=55347:P1000113.jpg]
[attachment=55348:P1000114.jpg]
[attachment=55349:P1000124.jpg]
[attachment=55350:P1000128.JPG]
[attachment=55351:P1000133.JPG]

Edited by guybrush threepwood

[quote name='ObscureRyan' post='921966' date='Aug 11 2010, 08:13 PM']Do you have all the original parts still?[/quote]
Hi Ryan, unfortunately I don't have the original parts; the bridge was on it when I got it, I've sold the pups that were in it, and the tuners are now being used on a home assembled project.

[quote name='ian' post='922004' date='Aug 11 2010, 08:52 PM']hi is this a highway jazz ?[/quote]
Nope, it's an American Traditional, perhaps the precursor to the highway one; they were a Mexican / American hybrid - made in the US with Mexican hardware, however, all of that has been upgraded. :)