Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass scratchplate?

Cygnus x-1

Hi all, does anyone know if the scratchplate from the fretted VMJ will go on the fretless VMJ squier, in other words are the neck pocket-pick up-control plate dimensions the same on both models?

Also if a scratchplate were to be bought off eBay etc. what model of Fender (or other) is the same size as the VMJ squier(s)? Any help or experience appreciated, Nick.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='iconic' post='966846' date='Sep 24 2010, 04:01 PM']did you ever find out if there are VMJ scratchplates about?[/quote]

Hi, no I didn't exactly, although I took a chance and bought one on ebay and with a little bit of filing round the neck pocket & control plate it now fits perfectly. Secret was taking my time and being a bit of a perfectionist (nerd).

My opinion was, if I bought one and it was nowhere near fitting I would sell it on, guess I got lucky....... although I bought a brand new allparts black pearle one for a CV jazz and it doesn't fit, so i'll have to sell that one!

• 8 months later...

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='968395' date='Sep 26 2010, 02:30 PM']I took a chance and bought one on ebay and with a little bit of filing round the neck pocket & control plate it now fits perfectly. Secret was taking my time and being a bit of a perfectionist (nerd).

My opinion was, if I bought one and it was nowhere near fitting I would sell it on, guess I got lucky....... although I bought a brand new allparts black pearle one for a CV jazz and it doesn't fit, so i'll have to sell that one![/quote]

Hi,

I'm just about to embark on fitting a scratchplate to a Squier fretless Modified Jazz . . . . and am scratching my head as to which scratch plate exactly to order for the job ?

I note you said you got one off ebaY . . . which, with a little bit of fiddling you got to fit perfectly . . .

Can you remember exactly what it was that you ordered and who from ? . . . ie make/manufacturer and source ?

I'd be very grateful to know as I reckon ordering the same make that you used is as low a risk option as I'm gonna find ! . .

Any similar advice from anyone else who's in the know about this issue very much appreciated of course.

Thanks

:)

Edited by Nostromo