Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRX 355 ***SOLD***

Deep Thought

Another experiment has come to an end. I bought this to see if I got on with fretless. I don't, so time to move it on.
Ibanez SRX 355-5-string, ash body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. PFR active humbucker pickups, 2-band EQ, Accu-cast bridge. It's had a bit of a hard life-it's been defretted and the fingerboard sealed with some sort of epoxy-TBH none of this done terribly well, but it works. Various dings, none too horrendous, and the previous owner has scratched his nickname in the body varnish. Needs a new set of control knobs-one has been glued in place-I haven't tried very hard to remove it, but I'm sure it's do-able. Taking all this into account it sounds massive-absolutely nothing wrong with its playability and the big buckers give a really thunderous sound, with a decent usable B-string, not like a rubber band as with other 5's I've tried. If I was keeping it I would have considered getting the whole thing refinished and probably the neck refretted, which would result in a stunning bass, but I already have enough fretted basses so it might as well go to someone else to do as they wish with. Ideal for what I used it for, a cheap way to try out fretless, with the additional benefit of being 5-string. Alternatively it's a proper serious bit of kit, with a huge sound, which could be made into something quite special.
Looking for [s]£100[/s] £80 plus postage.

Edited by Deep Thought

I haven't done anything to it-it was all done when I bought it. The gaps appear to have been filled with a dark filler, but they're quite narrow and it's hard to tell-it's possible that they've not been filled with anything other than the epoxy that's been used to seal the fretboard-as I said, it ain't pretty, but it works.