Why become a member? ×

I'm On Itunes!!!

teen t-shirt

in november last year i began writing material for a personal bass lead album...
it started out as a bluesy kind of album but it slowly developed into a sort of personal journey through those couple of months leading up to may of this year when the recording was done and it was finally published to itunes...

my bass playing abilities and knowledge have progressed massively since i did this album but i am still incredibly proud of it...
its available now on itunes to buy and is under the title "a journey to the low end" i would love it if you all would go and have a listen and tell me what you think it would mean an awful lot to get some feedback from some fellow bassists... :)

little foot note as well the whole thing was done by me all the instruments and vocals you hear except for the guests were done by me, it was all recorded, engineered and mix and mastered and produced by me and all the plugging and selling and production of the CD's and now on to itunes was all done by me... its my little baby you might say...

so i would love it if you go and check it out and let me know what you think! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!

Teen T-shirt (Freddie)

Congrats TTS ..
Can't find it though but there is one called "[url="http://www.junodownload.com/products/1344518-02.htm?currency=USD&utm_source=google_us&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Google%2BShopping"]Journey Through the Low End[/url]"... I'm assuming that's not yous?

Can you post a link or something?
Thanks

Just had a listen to all the previews of the tracks - Some interesting and varied material there & very good for a first attempt.

I'm confused on one point, though - Was the "tune" in track one meant to totally clash with everything else? The harmony, chord progressions & bass line just didn't go together for me. Is this intentional, or am I just old fashioned? :rolleyes:

Also, make sure your instruments are exactly in tune before you record - Some of the acoustic guitar and bass intonation is eeeew!

Hope I'm not sounding too critical - It is good to see you getting your music out there & on iTunes as well! Well done :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='884598' date='Jul 3 2010, 09:57 AM']Just had a listen to all the previews of the tracks - Some interesting and varied material there & very good for a first attempt.

I'm confused on one point, though - Was the "tune" in track one meant to totally clash with everything else? The harmony, chord progressions & bass line just didn't go together for me. Is this intentional, or am I just old fashioned? :lol:

Also, make sure your instruments are exactly in tune before you record - Some of the acoustic guitar and bass intonation is eeeew!

Hope I'm not sounding too critical - It is good to see you getting your music out there & on iTunes as well! Well done :)[/quote]

it just happened that way alot of the tracks were written and then recorded almost straight away with an acoustic and then i took a note of the chords and laid down the bass and the drums so if some of it is off i apologise it wasnt supposed to be alot of this album is improv so i apologise for that,
and with regards to tuning i used a chromatic tuner so i hoped everything was in tune obviously it wasnt i apologise to the sensitive ears...
you'll be glad to hear i have progressed 10 fold since i produced this album but i'm still incredibly proud of it :rolleyes: thanks for your comments though...

and i will try and find a link for you now... :lol:

apologies guys having just checked the album my self on itunes the tracks arent in the order i uploaded them so i apologise for that, but i know what you mean now about track 1 that one is the weak track of the album and for me its not my favourite and was completely improvised so i apologise for the off notes it was at this point i was just shooting in the dark with everything that one (when a mans not slept) and (blues man) were the first tracks i did and so arent the best as i slowly got more and more familiar with everything they do improve...

i know for the future though... :)

ok as far as a link goes i'm unable to get a link from itunes unfortunately, if you narrow the search down by typing "the fred a journey to the low end" this should bring it up then if you click on the album cover it will bring up the tracks in the correct order i dont know why they jumble it all up thats annoying... :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='884614' date='Jul 3 2010, 10:13 AM']As I said, sorry if I sound too critical - It's the music teacher in me coming out :rolleyes:[/quote]

no its ok honestly because i had just started lessons when i began laying tracks down so they do develop cos i got my teacher to come into the studio with me and got him to tell me where i was going wrong i welcome any comments at all critical or not... :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='884585' date='Jul 3 2010, 09:37 AM']Congrats TTS ..
Can't find it though but there is one called "[url="http://www.junodownload.com/products/1344518-02.htm?currency=USD&utm_source=google_us&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Google%2BShopping"]Journey Through the Low End[/url]"... I'm assuming that's not yous?

Can you post a link or something?
Thanks[/quote]

unfortunately i can't post a link from itunes but if you narrow the search by typing into the search tool this "the fred a journey to the low end" then it should bring you up the album if you then click on the album cover you can see the tracks in the correct order...

Thanks for taking an interest though :)