Why become a member? ×

Warming Up the little git (Ashdown little giant)

dan670844

I use a Little Giant LG1000 for rehearsals with a superfly 48 cab. I have always loved the cab, for the size its amazing, lots of punch, volume and very warm. The LG sounds pretty good too as its voiced for this cab (it sounds pants through anything else I have,). The only issue is that I have some problems with preamp gain when using my old jazz basses there simply isn't enough. Anyway our singer has a cheapo revalved ART Mic Pre £37 from Gak (the valve one). I hooked it up to this set up and was blown away, the tone is amazing, warm fat and very well defined. Just thought I would share it with you!!
So if you are stuck with a LG1000 or 350 that you think is too quiet and you think its a little harsh / thin, Give one of these dudes a go, but change the valve! £50 quid all in to make you like it can't be bad!
D

P.S. He has changed the tube to a Harma 12AX7 as the chinese made original was not that good, and it died pretty quick