Why become a member? ×

Gibson les Paul Deluxe 5 string

rhysbass

Hello, I'm looking at selling my Gibson les Paul Deluxe 5 string. Its in perfect condition and sounds amazing, but it no longer really fits with my new playing style and I could do with a P Bass or fretless instead.

Its features:

USA made
Mahogony body and neck (three piece)
AAA Quilted maple top
Rosewood fingerboard
x2 Bartolini humbuckers
Active Electronics
Grover Machine heads
Mother of Pearl inlays
Volume, pickup blend, bass and treble
Gibson hard case

It's quite an unusual bass and has a sound and feel of its own, huge bottom end from the Bartolini's but extremely dynamic and responsive higher register. I've struggled finding out all that much about it. It was made between 1993-1996 and only about 100 of them where made, none of which where exported to Europe. It was bought from an American dealer by its previous owner about four years ago and I've had it for the past two years.
I've gigging it plenty of times in funk, jazz and rock contexts with good results. It has very high output so can sound aggressive and punchy as well as smooth and clear.

Im looking for £1300, but would consider part exchange with a American P bass or a mid range fretless of some kind.

Please take a look at some pictures by following this link and feel free to ask whatever questions you may have.

[url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=202623203&albumId=2026359"]Gibson Les Paul Deluxe 5 String Pictures[/url]

Edited by rhysbass