Why become a member? ×

SADOWSKY MV4 black/black/maple

Apothem

Black Sadowsky MV4 (Maple fingerboard / Vintage style / 4 strings) jazz in stunning conditions throughout. Sadowsky hum-cancelling pickups and the legendary Sadowsky 2-eq preamp,with push/pull active/passive pot switch. No VTC.

Previously owned by Dave Wilson (www.dwilsonguitars.com), a luthier with almost thirty years' experience, of which nearly half with Overwater: you can see this bass on his website as well. Dave refinished the neck and fingerboard giving it a classy, elegant glossy appearance, which also protects from dirt/sweat/greasy paws (LOL) and humidity, keeping it immaculately clean forever and avoiding the need for oiling/waxing/conditioning. No Sadowsky bass comes with this kind of finish as standard, not even NYC basses.

[attachment=50468:PICT0020.JPG] [attachment=50469:PICT0024.JPG] [attachment=50470:PICT0025.JPG] [attachment=50471:PICT0028.JPG]

[attachment=50472:PICT0029.JPG] [attachment=50473:PICT0030.JPG] [attachment=50474:PICT0033.JPG] [attachment=50475:PICT0013.JPG]

[attachment=50476:PICT0006.JPG] [attachment=50477:PICT0008.JPG] [attachment=50478:PICT0011.JPG] [attachment=50479:PICT0014.JPG]

[attachment=50480:PICT0015b.JPG] [attachment=50481:PICT0015.JPG]

The whole bass is really in excellent conditions: after very close inspection I could only find a couple of very small dings (one 2mm maybe, the size of a nail's head; the other even smaller, likely 1mm) close together, near the jack, on the edge of the body but towards the back, where the electronics back lid is. See the pic. Both are normally hidden from sight. I could not find any other scratches/knocks on the rest of the body, with the only couple of swirls/light gaze being on the pickguard. Not the slightest hint of buckle rash. The original Sadowsky rectangular semi-rigid case is also virtually as new.

Price is £1200 shipped by courier fully insured within mainland UK. Sorry, but I am not going to post abroad. Current RRP for MV4s (with VTC) is £1799, with special offers from £1619 at the Gallery (special order to be placed) to £1720 at Guitarguitar (black not in stock), so you can save quite a few hundreds. I would like to be paid with a cheque (you remember those? should have a book somewhere..... :) ): first of all, that's what I did (ask johnnylightyear or bassatnight) so can you. Second: last year Paypal thought I was a business (What?!?), a "merchant that needed VAT registration" (WHAAAAT??!!??), and gave me quite a hard time. Third: I'd rather donate a few quid to the BC site, which I'll do in this case.

PLEASE NOTE that I will not be available to ship in the week starting on Monday 31st May as I will be away from home (although I can log in here as usual). Normal shipping will resume on Monday 7th June. Pls take all this into consideration. (In the meantime your cheque can clear... ; )

This is my second Sadowsky (first was a NYC), and I have now understood that, notwithstanding the undisputable reknowned quality, they're not 100% for me, and she has been laying untouched in her case for the last couple of months. Time for a new home. I have something else firm in mind now, so no trades, please.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='848051' date='May 25 2010, 11:16 PM']That looks really nice & the properly finished neck sounds really nice - Much like my previous luthier'd Stingray.

Best of luck with the sale! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks Rich. Yes, Dave Wilson has done an unbelievable job, the finish is absolutely perfect, smooth and even like glass.

To be honest, if it does not sell it is going to be one of those problems that one does not mind having... :)