Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR1205 on Ebay at a very high price

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190397515362&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123"]Link to Ebay listing[/url]

I have always said that I love my SR1205 so much I would have paid twice as much for it...and now here is my chance! The seller has clearly twigged that these are wonderful basses and are very hard to find.

If you have money to burn and someone in the US who can send it along to you, go for it. A quick electronics upgrade and you have a bass for life. I recall reading somewhere on the internet (so it must be true) that there were only 100 of these made. I know there are two versions - this is the latter version and I believe it to be superior, so they really are rare.

I had the 4 string version of this, the lowest action I ever had on a bass. Sold it for £250 ish about 5years ago...

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='842288' date='May 19 2010, 06:29 PM']The price has been dropped from $1200 to $999. That's more like it. Still a touch steep, though it is in mint condition.[/quote]