Why become a member? ×

For trade: Sansamp VT Bass

redzombie

I'm looking to trade my Tech21 Sansamp VT Bass pedal. I'm not playing much bass these days, so don't really have much need for it anymore, as awesome as it is at it's job.

Condition-wise it's pretty much as new, has a few very minor scratches to the paintwork, as well as a very thin, inch-long kind of factory blemish (bottom left front) which looks like it was lacquered over, along with the rest of the pedal before being shipped out.

I'm basically looking for a straight trade for either a Sansamp California or a Sansamp British pedal. I'd prefer the latter really, but I'm not too fussed. Not really bothered about aesthetic condition, so long as it works as it should.

Cheers

Edited by redzombie

[quote name='mcgraham' post='829712' date='May 6 2010, 03:41 PM']I have the California, absolutely love it. I tested out each of the models and I felt this stood out as being the best, even over the British (though that was great too).

Mark[/quote]

Nice, thanks Mark.

Would you say it does a decent job of getting into Mark III territory? It's either that sort of sound or your standard Marshall Plexi sound I'm after really, hence either pedal will do. It's just for a hard rock covers band, so I've no need to be too picky.

It gets into that very typical high gain recto sound without too much compression, but it does get a bit noisy when absolutely cranked (i.e. character and drive above 9 o'clock). It cleans up with the guitar's volume knob ok, but not ideal.

If it's for covers, I'd suggest the British as it sounds just as convincing of a Marshall, but cleans up better with the volume knob. I already use the Zvex Box of Rock as my main dist which just oozes Marshall, so I didn't opt for that. I found the clean-bordering on edgy setting on the California complemented the Zvex beautifully. Think Marshall but with added muscularity and punch in the low end.

Will you be playing through a PA or an amp (if so, which amp?)?

• 2 weeks later...