Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings!

TeeFunk

Hey!

I just joined your wonderful community. I've been browsing these forums for quite long, but somehow never registered before.

I'm a 26 years old and I live in Finland, but I do visit UK every now and then. I started playing bass in my early teens and lately I've been experimenting with other instruments too and building a bedroom studio. My playing seems to be mostly about funk, reggae, triphop and hip hop these days, or at least those are what I'm most familiar with and get to play most, but my Pink Floyd and John Coltrane vinyls are pretty worn too. 70's style jazz basses are the instruments that have grown on me unlike any other, but I'm definately thinking about getting back to the extended range club too and I'd be lying if I said that the sixers on the classifieds didn't interest me. By daytime I work with the other love of my life, exotic animals and my apartment is a bit of zoo, but fortunately I've been able to downsize it a bit lately.

Anyhow, I look forward to participating and finding out more about you guys and gals! And sorry for all the mistakes with language I'm about to make (and have already made.)

Hehe, fair enough. Metal is indeed ridiculously big over here. Too bad it really isn't my thing, but there is definately enough of other stuff too considering that finnish cities are puny villages on the international scale and the live scene is suprisingly vibrant. Maybe because many finns practically live in bars.. But if a person isn't into metal or rock, making a living just by playing is definately a challenge.

And I'm not the only bass player. There's atleast three of us here. Well, four if you include Jan-Olof Strandberg, but that's a bit iffy :)