Why become a member? ×

Warwick 411 Pro Driver Issues

Willl

I have been gigging with a pair of Warwick 411 Pro cabs for four years or so, they've been solidly good, bar a pair of drivers failing in one of them early on. More recently I've now lost a second pair of drivers in the other cab. With this second failure I felt rather less inclined and keen to keep buying and replacing drivers. When I found that the replacement / spares are still available (part number XA CN 90535) from Warwick but now run to £109 each... so the cab is essentially beyond economic repair.

The head I have been using with them is a Trace Elliot AH300-12 delivering 300W into 4ohms, and the cabs are 8 ohms and rated as 600W, so plenty of headroom. Occasionally I've paired one of the Warwicks with a 300W 18" Trace cab which is also 8ohm.

Bit puzzled on what the cause could be. I've metered the speakers and they're open circuit, but otherwise feel fine - the cones move freely.

Now using a new (to me) Gallien-Krueger rig so no urgency to get it fixed or moved on, but now considering options for the TE / Warwick set up.

Any constructive ideas welcome.

Cheers

Will