Why become a member? ×

Had A Bass-Themed Nightmare Last Night

The Funk

I woke up in a cold sweat in the early hours of this morning. The first thing I did was check the bed next to me. Thank goodness - the 5 string was still there.

I'd dreamt that some dodgy former client of mine had set me up in an elaborate plot to steal all my bass guitars. I woke up when I had my Keyser Soze moment and realised that I'd been conned out of them. The cases and gig bags were all still there - but they were empty!

Have any of you had any bass-related dreams/nightmares? I have from time to time dreamt of playing amazing gigs or sitting in with heroes of mine.

Anyway, that's the first bass-related nightmare I've had so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Do you think there's any deeper, hidden meaning in there? The day job stealing away my basshood or some such?

[quote name='The Funk' post='809597' date='Apr 17 2010, 05:34 PM']I woke up in a cold sweat in the early hours of this morning. The first thing I did was check [b][size=5]the bed next to me[/size][/b]. Thank goodness - the 5 string was still there.

I'd dreamt that some dodgy former client of mine had set me up in an elaborate plot to steal all my bass guitars. I woke up when I had my Keyser Soze moment and realised that I'd been conned out of them. The cases and gig bags were all still there - but they were empty!

Have any of you had any bass-related dreams/nightmares? I have from time to time dreamt of playing amazing gigs or sitting in with heroes of mine.

Anyway, that's the first bass-related nightmare I've had so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Do you think there's any deeper, hidden meaning in there? The day job stealing away my basshood or some such?[/quote]

Hmmm, so you keep your 5 string in a bed next to you!

The only nightmares I have is when I actually play, no wait, it gives other people nightmares.

[quote name='The Funk' post='809604' date='Apr 17 2010, 05:43 PM']I bass myself to sleep sometimes. I'm not sure which is more sad: that or the nightmare.[/quote]

Nothing sad about that, times have been when I've got out of bed in the middle of the night because I don't feel I've played enough bass that day and can't sleep until I do. It's perfectly healthy. Probably.