Why become a member? ×

GB Standard *SOLD*

stenobass

Hi,

I am selling my GB Standard that I have bought only recently. The bass was handmade by Bernie Goodfellow in 2002 and is in almost mint condition, there are only a few signs of usage that are barely visible. Original Hixcox HS case included.
This is a Standard model (now they are called Spitfire) with Rumour electronics that include bass, middle and treble cut/boost controls as well as a series/parallel switch. These controls allow you to shape the sound in every direction you want to. The electronics are visible from behind through a transparent plastic cover and feature a low battery indicator which consists of a red LED that begins to flash when the battery gets low (see pic).
Honestly, this on-board EQ is the best sounding that I ever played on a bass guitar. The lows are smooth and the highs are crispy, the sound in combination with the GB pickups is simply breath-taking. It is a very Hi-Fi sounding bass and the series/parallel switch is the real Slap-deal!
The reason I am selling it is that I am not able to get used to the Jazz Bass feel of the body and neck. I am definitely a headless guy…
I am looking for around £900 for this beauty, please PM me if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

Edited by stenobass

• 2 weeks later...