Why become a member? ×

Bartolini NTBT preamp- noisy

Guest MoJo

I have just traded my BB415 for McGiver69's Peavey International bass. I love the slim neck and the soapbar pick-ups give me a different sound to my other basses. The bass has been fitted with a Bartolini NTBT two band preamp. I have noticed that turning the treble up induces a certain amount of hiss. Is this normal for this preamp or is it down to other factors, pick-ups or the gain set too high (does seem to be quite high compared to my BB414 which has pretty hot output)?

Mark, that is quite normal in the NTBT as the treble is set really high I think something like 7k. There is a trim pot in the preamp (little black box) that controls the gain, you could lower the gain.

I never dialled the treble more than a quarter and that was more than enough.

If you need any help, please let me know.

[quote name='Mcgiver69' post='801711' date='Apr 10 2010, 12:28 PM']Mark, that is quite normal in the NTBT as the treble is set really high I think something like 7k. There is a trim pot in the preamp (little black box) that controls the gain, you could lower the gain.

I never dialled the treble more than a quarter and that was more than enough.

If you need any help, please let me know.[/quote]

Thanks
I will try trimming it down a little