Why become a member? ×

PeteAcademy and The Academy of Sound, Stoke :)

Sarah5string

Since I've been looking for an amp/cab I've had loads of advice and help from PeteAcademy who is a BCer and works at the Academy of Sound in Stoke on Trent. He invited me up to go try some gear and I went up on Tuesday to try out a Hartke Hydrive 115. I had to take my eldest daughter along (Who's 5) and was a bit anxious about dragging a child along but I needn't have worried because Pete and the guys at the Academy were fab and couldn't have been more helpful. I was trying out the cabs having taken in my bass and amp at Pete's recommendation. I was worried about having the amp up too loud with my daughter close because of wanting to protect her hearing (Goes without saying :)) so Pete kept her entertained with some rather nice Roland keyboards while I whacked it up and tested it out n a seperate room.
They also took in my old Laney combo in part ex and I got a really good deal on the Hartke cab. There were some bargains there too, only wish I had a bigger credit limit :lol:
Although they didn't have any 4x10s in to compare as they'd just been sold, I was able to use other amps to combine with the 1x15 to experiment with the sound to make sure I was happy.
Sadly because of needing to rush back to pick up my youngest daughter I didn't get chance to mooch round the basses but at a quick glance there were some gorgeous models in, and a massive selection of guitars as well as guitar and bass amps/cabs, and various other instruments such as keyboards and speaker systems. Overall I was really impressed with Pete and the shop, and will be taking my guitard boyfriend back soon for a better look at the guitars and basses.

Pete's a lovely guy and all of the guys there were really nice and looked after me and my eldest, we even got tea and juice out of them :lol:

Would highly recommend both Pete and the Academy of Sound... glad to have a great shop local to me :lol:

Cheers guys!! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...