Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS: Gallien-Krueger 2001RB (also rack case and compressor)

trent900

Dear All,

Owing to the recent purchase of an Ampeg SVP-Pro and a poweramp, I no longer need my trusty and much-loved massive GK head. So it's for sale.

It's a GK 2001RB, the top-of-the-line model, twin 540W power stages with twin 50W horn amps (if you have bi-ampable cabs). Bridgeable to 1080W. Note that you don't need bi-ampable cabs, for example I've never used them, you just use the main power stages full range. It has a footswitchable drive channel which sounds about 1000 times better than any pedal I've ever heard. Footswitch included naturally. All mod cons eg DI pre/post eq and so on and so on.

I need hardly say that it is capable of feats of savage power like unto a supernova. On the plus side, it's super-quiet in terms of fan noise and channel hiss, so you don't have to kill your audience if you don't want to.

It's in the condition you'd expect from an amp that's spent its whole short life rack mounted. However, I did balls it up a bit so that the lugs for the front lid of the rack dinged the paintwork on the front of the head slightly (see pictures). Didn't have much choice though, I didn't want a weight like this suspended in mid-air in the rack!

So, I love it to bits but I've gone valve. The major con is that it's heavy; it weighs 20kg. But if you're young and fit or have roadies / mothers then that's not a problem.

Price? These are in my opinion quite good value new, the last one I saw go used went on evilbay for £650, so let's start there.

Pics included. Collection please, or will meet for petrol money. There is a small chance of persuading me to post it but the costs will be significant - I warn you! I'm based in Derby.

Many thanks for looking!

Jon

Awesome Amp. Suprised there has been no response. Might be worth mentioning this is the only amp used by Duff McKagan and Flea for years! It is capable of typical 80s clean sounds, through to modern medal distortion and everything in between. But it is bloody heavy...

Good luck with the sale. I'd have it if i needed a spare, and the misses was a bit more accomodating to large heavy equipment in the way of her shoe collection.

[quote name='trent900' post='794530' date='Apr 2 2010, 06:34 PM']Dear All,

Owing to the recent purchase of an Ampeg SVP-Pro and a poweramp, I no longer need my trusty and much-loved massive GK head. So it's for sale.

It's a GK 2001RB, the top-of-the-line model, twin 540W power stages with twin 50W horn amps (if you have bi-ampable cabs). Bridgeable to 1080W. Note that you don't need bi-ampable cabs, for example I've never used them, you just use the main power stages full range. It has a footswitchable drive channel which sounds about 1000 times better than any pedal I've ever heard. Footswitch included naturally. All mod cons eg DI pre/post eq and so on and so on.

I need hardly say that it is capable of feats of savage power like unto a supernova. On the plus side, it's super-quiet in terms of fan noise and channel hiss, so you don't have to kill your audience if you don't want to.

It's in the condition you'd expect from an amp that's spent its whole short life rack mounted. However, I did balls it up a bit so that the lugs for the front lid of the rack dinged the paintwork on the front of the head slightly (see pictures). Didn't have much choice though, I didn't want a weight like this suspended in mid-air in the rack!

So, I love it to bits but I've gone valve. The major con is that it's heavy; it weighs 20kg. But if you're young and fit or have roadies / mothers then that's not a problem.

Price? These are in my opinion quite good value new, the last one I saw go used went on evilbay for £650, so let's start there.

Pics included. Collection please, or will meet for petrol money. There is a small chance of persuading me to post it but the costs will be significant - I warn you! I'm based in Derby.

Many thanks for looking!

Jon[/quote]

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...