Why become a member? ×

For sale Fender USA Precision S1 - £550 to BCers

john_the_bass

Right guys, back on a bass drought and my Strat has no interest currently (I didn't get it on ebay yet either) so I might as well put my bass up for sale.
Probably a mistake as somebody will no doubt ask me to play some bass for them in the future, but since I left (or was I sacked from?!!) the last band I played bass in, I haven't taken it out of the cupboard and that was November.

It's an 04 Fender American Series Precision Bass with S1 switch. Condition is good but has a few swirls on the forearm contour (if you've had one of these before, you know what I mean) and a tiny knock on the edge of each side of the fingerboard that have gone through the lacquer (treble side 13th fret, bass side 7th fret). The bass came to me with these and I don't notice them when I play it. There are a few light marks on the back, but again nothing to write home about and due to the fairly high gloss nature of the finish, difficult to photograph, unless you would like a mirror image of me looking through the camera lens. The pickguard at the jack socket has warped slightly and there is a little solder iron burn blem on the body, just west of the socket - again, the bass came to me like this and had apparently been done by a tech, but I was told about it beforehand and I expected it to be huge and stand out. It isn't and it doesn't - if you look at the pic, it's not much bigger than the nearest screw head and it doesn't stand out as much as the picture makes it look.

I got it in a trade and I reckon it owes me just over £600 - the deal done with the previous owner meant that he kept his FMIC moulded case and I kept my Hiscox, so the bass is supplied with a good condition Hiscox. I've probably got a key for one somewhere if you want it. My asking price is £575 and I am in Leicester. I don't travel around much, but provided I don't have to come too far I'm prepared to meet halfway - say 50ish miles. Any further than that and it's more economical for me to pay for a courier to deliver it if you wanted to pay the insurance say (about a tenner for £500). I am not looking for trades at the moment, but would consider £450 and a set of suspension springs for a Ford Focus Estate :)

Drop me a line if you would like any more info - I'd send you the last recording of the bass, but since I was kicked out, the band re-recorded the song with their new bass player :rolleyes:

Edited by john_the_bass

I would give you £475.00 I live in measham so we could meet in say Coalville about 25 mins from Leicester let me know and will meet you pay cash on delivery either Thursday or Friday if you wish to meet up at Measham which is 27 miles as worked in Leicester then can pay anytime ring 07977-492279 if your intrested cheers Robbo

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='791485' date='Mar 31 2010, 06:48 AM']No it's not enough, especially if you want me to travel 27 miles. £575 is a fair price IMO and £550 to BC is what I would be looking for.
Also, according to my map, Measham is only 19 miles from Leicester.[/quote]

I would up it, to £525.00 and pay you tonight If you have not sold it? still meeting me half way but must be today as working next 10 days if intrested please ring me 07977-492279