Why become a member? ×

Two channel design, the clean channel having 2 band EQ, the overdrive channel having a volume and 5 position tone switch like a Matchless DC30. The master volume rounds things off. The power section is a 5Y3 valve rectifier and 2 x 6V6 output valves giving something in the region of 18-20 watts clean.

The installed speaker isn't the Celestion Vintage 30 in the picture, it's actually a rather tasty Eminence Cannabis Rex hemp-coned speaker which really suits the amp perfectly. Also included is a Silverstone fitted padded cover.

This amp is stunning. I've owned vintage Fenders, Vox, Marshall etc. before I fell in love with Cornell's work. This is my second Rambler, and it's very different to my other EL84 version. It's much less Vox and much more BF Fender in tonality, but with a more 'brown' sound.

Looking for £700 or trades (listed below). Amp is in West Oxfordshire, and I'm happy to travel to meet up. Will ship if necessary, but it's a heavy amp so it might be pricey.

Trade possibilities:

Japanese guitars, such as Ibanez, Tokai, Greco, Burny, Yamaha and Japanese Fenders. Particularly semi acoustics and LP-types, although I seem to be developing a desire for a widdley-widdley Ibanez RG550 for some reason! Any decent point to point wired amps, solid wood acoustics... In fact, I'll consider anything a bit tasty!

Edited by Dodge

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='783906' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:15 PM']Nice! I'm enjoying the Cornell valve bass head at the mo.[/quote]

Thanks - there can't be many Cornell bass heads around, care to share some pics?

[quote name='Dodge' post='785800' date='Mar 25 2010, 01:33 PM']Thanks - there can't be many Cornell bass heads around, care to share some pics?[/quote]
Yes. When I said the Cornell valve bass head, I meant THE Cornell valve bass head. To my knowledge Denis made this to order, and is the only one.

[url="http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii81/KickThe_Bucket/Cornell/?action=view&current=P1030383-1.jpg"][/url]