Why become a member? ×

SONY MDR-7509HD HIGH DEF STUDIO MONITOR HEADPHONES

99ster

[u]SONY MDR-7509HD High Def Studio Monitor Headphones[/u]

Been lusting after some for a while - but at around £200 in the UK was put off by the price....
Just got some from the US - brand new for $160 on eBay!
:huh:
They are incredible - I didn't know headphones could sound this good!
:)
If you want to give your ears a serious treat - these are the kiddies. And the build quality is very very good - serious pro kit.

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='99ster' post='85185' date='Nov 7 2007, 11:34 PM'][u]SONY MDR-7509HD High Def Studio Monitor Headphones[/u]

Been lusting after some for a while - but at around £200 in the UK was put off by the price....
Just got some from the US - brand new for $160 on eBay!
:huh:
They are incredible - I didn't know headphones could sound this good!
:)
If you want to give your ears a serious treat - these are the kiddies. And the build quality is very very good - serious pro kit.[/quote]

These have been around for awhile. I'm still using 7506s and my studio ones are still going strong after 10 years. Never had a problem with them nor with the cable. Can't say the same about Sennheiser cables though I still have and use Senneheiser HD280 cans depending on how much acoustic seal I need, the Sonys are great sounding but they don't have the same acoustic seal and can bleed into mics more than the Sennheisers. Nevertheless, they are more efficient than the Sennheisers and are my first choice can.