Why become a member? ×

Spirit of Radio - Rush

WalMan

Trying to get the fills sorted. No probs once it gets into the song,but the fills at the beginning I can't quite get no matter how I slow it (which doesn't help digitally as it goes wierd & glitchy to slow it down so screws with my ears)

Sort of go it but all the tabs I have found (and actually they all seem to be the same one in all the google hits) just doesn't look right to me.

Gissaclue someone. It's driving me mad and I've other stuff to 'shed before the w/e as well as this

• 2 months later...

[quote name='El Bajo' post='856896' date='Jun 4 2010, 09:00 AM']care to share. I'm in the same boat, I think I've got it but would like to make sure[/quote]
Sorry missed this. I'll try & get my estimate up from the Mac this evening (it being 01:00 & I really should not be still logged in on a school night)

[quote name='WalMan' post='862822' date='Jun 10 2010, 12:58 AM']Sorry missed this. I'll try & get my estimate up from the Mac this evening (it being 01:00 & I really should not be still logged in on a school night)[/quote]

I managed to nail it the other night :). The main run is still a bit of a leap of faith in terms of staying in time but I'll get there.

Cheers

[quote name='El Bajo' post='862938' date='Jun 10 2010, 09:19 AM']I managed to nail it the other night :). The main run is still a bit of a leap of faith in terms of staying in time but I'll get there.

Cheers[/quote]

Typical Geddyesque of the time. Some Rush bits you just have to nail due to timings. The more Rush you play the more "obvious" it becomes. If you pick one track in isolation then it will of course take time.

I used to play along to these era of Rush all the time and eventually you really get in the zone. When you leave them though it's not as if you can slip back in easily. There is no way I could go home and just play this after months/ years or whatever.

I found that learning Xanadu (eventually it properly :rolleyes: ) was a great epiphany into Geddy's playing many years ago. I usually give it a blast in sound check to this day, and sometimes get some nice comments from any punters who know anything remotely about bass. :lol:

Edited by Mr Fudge