Why become a member? ×

Trade- MIM precision + cash for your Jap Precision. Would possibly trade my MIM P and Cort C4H together.

cameltoe

Gassing for either a US precision or a Jap precision. I'd prefer a CIJ, because crafted sounds nicer! Really I want to just move on a bit from Mexican ownership. I love my P, but I really now want a P I can keep for a few years to come. A 'keeper' if you like! As good as the Mexican is, I'm considering changing pickups and wiring upgrades and all that, so I'd rather do that to a Precision I'm going to want to keep for a long time, than upgrade this only to sell it a bit further down the road.

I also have an almost new Cort Artisan C4H to trade.

I'd prefer to trade the MIM P for a Jap P plus cash your way, but I'd consider trading both for a recent-ish US P. (i.e nothing too expensive!)

Colour is important to me- I know it's fickle, but there are colours I like and colours I don't. I don't really love black, but I've managed to live with it on my MIM through covering the pickguard, which actually rather suits it.

My MIM precision does the job no other bass I've played has managed, and although I love it, I really really want a US/JAP model, before I start mucking around changing pickups, etc. It's a 2008 model, black, as factory apart from a covered pickguard (graphite grey). I basically covered the original pickguard with grey vinyl. Looks good. Couple of minor dings.

Cort Artisan C4H. In black satin, twin musicman style humbuckers. Totally as factory, no dings, virtually new and not used a great deal as I find it a bit too middy for me, and I love the sound of the P so much. Feels very nice to play. Only a really tiny, tiny area of wear above the neck pickup where I've been resting my thumb. Not gone through the paint, just made the satin finish a bit shiny. Active/passive switching, 2 band EQ, Mid-boost switch, Mahogany body, Wenge neck. Paid £379 a few months back I think they're down to £349 now.

Better pics to follow soon. Don't worry the snowman didn't get the P wet!

Cort- Pic from Website

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='BassBod' post='722912' date='Jan 24 2010, 10:31 AM']No problems with the price - very good gear for the money. I'd guess people are just a bit skint, and the newer smaller lightweight stuff is grabbing everyone's attention.

I have got a question about the SWR, as I've happily owned one for a several years. It looks like the speaker connections have been updated from jack/banana plugs to speakons. Can you still bridge the two amps? On mine I have to use one half of each banana set to connect it in bridge mode...

If anyone is wondering - the Stereo 800 sounds a lot louder than the specs suggest, it really is a great power amp for bass.[/quote]

will you sell for £300???