Why become a member? ×

New Neck for Squier Vintage Modifed P-bass?

AttitudeCastle

Hey All,

Looking for a replacement neck for my Squier Vintage Modified P-bass,

The one i bought was faulty so was nice and cheap for a first bass, and i still like the bass and the sound and its a good feel and looks great!
So i'm looking for a replacement,

Erm, i don't know the dimensions hence my problem
Or where to look,

First time neck Shopping pretty much,

The neck on it, the truss rod is twisted (not sure how else to describe it) but the neck has a mighty bow and for what i'm doing its almost not playable also its pretty beat up,
Ummm all maple neck would be sweet

Not sure what else i can say, as i said new to this always treated the bass as a whole till now

Link: incase you want it

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0326800505"]http://www.squierguitars.com/products/sear...rtno=0326800505[/url]

Thanks
Adam,

Note: Sorry for sounding like a total clueless idiot

And i intend to start doing other stuff to it, like the bridge is cracked slightly so thats going to be replaced, and maybe place some dimarzio's in place of the Duncan design

[quote name='Tait' post='767162' date='Mar 7 2010, 06:47 PM']pretty much any fender style neck will work, provided its normal fender width.

allparts do them, i know they're higly regarded.[/quote]

Thanks!

ummm what is normal fender width?
Lol,

By width i assume you mean distance from top of neck to bottom when its in a playing position?

(*yes i am terrible with words)

The "Width" on this is about 2.5 inches???

Warmoth do awesome necks, the nicest I've played. Plus if you're really into the bass you can get something really exotic which doesn't require a finish which means you are playing bare wood. A nice experience, no question.

In terms of dimensions Squiers seem to change the dimensions of the neck pockets a lot so it's difficult to say what will fit and what won't. Check out the warmoth site which should tell you their dimensions but you will need to measure your own.

Also, if you are only a few milimetres off you can compensate by shaving down the neck pocket on the body of the bass. I've done it on a guitar before and it fit like a dream,