Why become a member? ×

FEEDBACK & PRAISE for Darren at Bass Merchant UK

Grand Wazoo

This is to thank and praise the coolness of Darren from the Bass Merchant shop in Colchester, Essex.

Last Friday 26th Feb I drove 65 miles from my place in Greenwich to his store to drop my Mark Bass CMD102P for which I bought in his store the new Mark Bass the "Little Mark Tube 500W" head.

Coolness #1: First of all he gave me a very nice discount on the head.

Coolness #2: He told me that when the combo would be back from the distributors I wouldn't need to drive back to his store but he would arrange to have it sent to me instead!

Coolness #3: Whilst my combo was away for this swap, he lent me a nice Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0 210T so I wouldn't be without an amp in the meantime. Shweeeet!

Coolness #4: Wednesday 3rd of March my combo was delivered back to me, that is 3 working days, having excluded Sat 27th and Sun 28th, quickest turnaround I have ever experienced! Great Service!!

Cooness #5: After taking my own combo and the original head from the large box he sent by courier, he included enough padding and bubble pack for me to wrap and box up the Genz-Benz combo which he then arranged collection the following day.

My Mark Bass Combo in the space of 4 days went from this:

to this:

and finally

Coolness #6 a lucky man from this forum bought the Little Mark II head from the original combo helping me to recover a good part of my expenditure for the new head.

So thanks Darren at the Bass Merchant and thanks to Mr. Anonymous buyer who secured the purchase of my original head in nanoseconds.

Oh and..... bejezzus this new head sounds pukka! I really recommend the upgrade if any of you has the same combo, go for it, it can be done to any of the Mark Bass combo's featuring the Little Mark II head and on the plus side you will be able to recover most of your money by reselling the old head.

Edited by bass5