Why become a member? ×

How Much - Cort C4P

Oggy

---------------------------------------

Hi Chaps,

Three years ago I bought a new Cort C4P from a North London music shop for £450, hurt at the time. I've owned it and played it since I bought it and looked after it really well so it's in really good nick. I bought the Cort after 3 or 4 Saturday visits to the store, had to try it out through a few different amps before I made my mind up to buy it - you know the score. From what I could make out at the time it was a limited production run by Cort on these, apparently the Fishman Peizo bridge and electronics made it quite expensive to manufacture, so when I bought it I considered myself quite fortunate to have such a versatile Bass.

I'm now suffering a wee bit with my finger joints and have purchased a Gibson SG, it's a lot easier on the hands and a joy to play - looks pretty cool as well (poser :rolleyes: ).

I've recently tried to both Swap and Sell the Cort on this site - see latest effort at: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=77341&hl=Cort+C4P"]Cort C4P advert[/url] alas no interest :lol: .

I thought, bearing in mind the spec and condition of the Cort, it would go with no problem +/- £300 was a figure I had in mind, I must have been pretty over optimistic.

[b]Question for fellow Basschatters;[/b] has anyone else owned one of these? If yes, what did you think of it? And what do you think would be a reasonable price to ask for one in very good condition?

I want to put it up again for sale or exchange but really don't know what to ask, apparently +/- £300 is OTT. It must have been a 'very limited' production run - I can't find anything that would help on the Internet.

Oggy :)

---------------------------------------------

Realistically I think you'll be looking at £230-£250, maybe even a little less. I've never seen your model butUnfortunately Corts dont seem to hold their value all that well.

I bought a B4 with bartolinni electronics etc on here for £350, And ended up trading my C4 LTD (wenge neck etc) for a squier VMJ. I'd expect your price to be somewhere between those two (hence my estimate)

Good luck!

Hey Oggy,

Cort make fantastic basses - I'd swear by em, began on them (A4 fretless) and would still use them at a professional level (especially an A5). However I've always taken a huge hit!

I paid £800 for my Cort A6 (one of the high end models) but only just managed to sell it for £350 and it was in mint condition. They have a far superior spec to other basses within the price range, they just don't have the renown yet. Its like a secret among bass players how good they are. Incredible build, playability and electronics - they look pretty great as well for the comfortable shape.

Not only this but I reckon the market is slow at the moment due to the xmas credit card bills - reason for ultra low prices etc.

If I were you I'd keep hold of it for a couple o months and try again then. They're getting rarer, so I'd just keep asking for the £300 you want. I bet in the future they'll be quite sought after....

Cheers

Oli

[quote]MythSte Posted Today, 05:33 PM

Realistically I think you'll be looking at £230-£250, maybe even a little less. I've never seen your model but Unfortunately Corts dont seem to hold their value all that well.

I bought a B4 with bartolinni electronics etc on here for £350, And ended up trading my C4 LTD (wenge neck etc) for a squier VMJ. I'd expect your price to be somewhere between those two (hence my estimate)

Good luck![/quote]
---------------------------------------------
[quote]Schnozzalee Posted Today, 05:36 PM

Hey Oggy,

Cort make fantastic basses - I'd swear by em, began on them (A4 fretless) and would still use them at a professional level (especially an A5). However I've always taken a huge hit!

I paid £800 for my Cort A6 (one of the high end models) but only just managed to sell it for £350 and it was in mint condition. They have a far superior spec to other basses within the price range, they just don't have the renown yet. Its like a secret among bass players how good they are. Incredible build, playability and electronics - they look pretty great as well for the comfortable shape.

Not only this but I reckon the market is slow at the moment due to the xmas credit card bills - reason for ultra low prices etc.

If I were you I'd keep hold of it for a couple o months and try again then. They're getting rarer, so I'd just keep asking for the £300 you want. I bet in the future they'll be quite sought after....

Cheers

Oli[/quote]

Thank you Guys,

Looks like it'll be keeping the Gibson Les Paul Bass company - under the bed with her - only joking. I'm pretty sure that I'll come across some aspiring young Bass player in need of good Bass but no money, I'd like to see it go to someone who would appreciate it (and has finger joints that don't ache when they play it).

I have to say that from what I've seen on the site, Cort's really don't fetch much as used so I have to agree with MythSte on that one.

I'd very much like to believe that Cort basses will get the recognition they deserve in the future, I'm going with Oli when he says "Its like a secret among bass players how good they are".

Thanks again guys, great site with great members.

Oggy :)

[quote name='Oggy' post='764427' date='Mar 4 2010, 08:35 PM']---------------------------------------------

Thank you Guys,

Looks like it'll be keeping the Gibson Les Paul Bass company - under the bed with her - only joking. I'm pretty [b]sure that I'll come across some aspiring young Bass player in need of good Bass but no money, I'd like to see it go to someone who would appreciate it[/b] (and has finger joints that don't ache when they play it).

I have to say that from what I've seen on the site, Cort's really don't fetch much as used so I have to agree with MythSte on that one.

I'd very much like to believe that Cort basses will get the recognition they deserve in the future, I'm going with Oli when he says "Its like a secret among bass players how good they are".

Thanks again guys, great site with great members.

Oggy :)[/quote]

Thats a really lovely sentiment. Good on you sir :rolleyes: