Why become a member? ×

Anyone got the music for georgia on my mind?

thumperbob 2002

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='756115' date='Feb 24 2010, 02:32 PM']Dont suppose anyone has got the music for Georgia on my mind- Ray charles- or better Maceo Parker version? easy enough to work out but I am trying to improve my reading skills.

Really appreciate it

Bob[/quote]
Bob - you have given me a great idea for my next Boot Camp Session. "Georgia On My" mind has a lovely chord sequence with lots of potential for making theoretical points, using substitutions etc and it can also be played in many different styles. So give me a couple of weeks or so (I'm fairly busy at the moment), and I'll present a set of bass parts for this tune, of varying difficulty.

The Major

I remember sitting down and working out the chords for the Ray Charles version a few years ago. The band I was in at the time never quite managed a good version of it. The changes are really nice though: lots of gospel-style and bluesy changes. Don't have a copy of the chart anymore.

Starting point: [url="http://www.realbook.us/Charts.aspx?songid=206"]http://www.realbook.us/Charts.aspx?songid=206[/url]

[quote name='Major-Minor' post='762551' date='Mar 3 2010, 08:22 AM']Bob - you have given me a great idea for my next Boot Camp Session. "Georgia On My" mind has a lovely chord sequence with lots of potential for making theoretical points, using substitutions etc and it can also be played in many different styles. So give me a couple of weeks or so (I'm fairly busy at the moment), and I'll present a set of bass parts for this tune, of varying difficulty.

The Major[/quote]

Thanks very much- really appreciate it- I have a couple of versions- the Ray Charles original and a terrific Maceo Parker version who actually sings it better than Ray!

Its a lovely tune and will help my reading get a bit better i`m sure.

Bob