Why become a member? ×

Denis Cornell 'Explorer' Bass Amp plus two Cabs.

markstreamer

For sale is my Denis Cornell 'Explorer' bass amp, plus two cabinets.

As you may well know, Denis is one of the country's top Amp maker's, and has made amps for Clapton and Hank Marvin amongst others. Denis originally worked for Jenning's who were the original makers of 'Vox' equipment, and it was when Denis was servicing my old 'Vox T60' that I asked him to make me a new amp. What I got is the worlds first 'DC' bass amp, and what a beauty it is. An 6 valve (Fender Groove Tubes), 150 watt amp, made with Den's unique circuitry and design. He made me two cab's, One with a 15" Celestion plus two 10" emminence speakers, the other with a 15" Celestion.

The sound of this amp is amazing and Den has put a few lovely touches to the head. Check out Den website for details of his fantastic gear at www.dc-developments.com

The reason I am selling this is that a) I work in a sixties tribute band and use an Ampeg Rocket 100 for that, (:), It is very very heavy, and my old sooty van (Supercarry) struggles when I have all the bands p.a. plus this beauty, & C) I need the room.

I am willing to part with it for about £1500.00 ovno. (The whole shebang is worth over £3500.)

The condition is Excellent. I gigged it for a few weeks (before I realised it was killing me to), then used it at home.

Anybody interested can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks

Mark

Edited by markstreamer