Why become a member? ×

Shure SCL3-K Sound Isolating Earphones

I've just come back from the US and while I was there I bought some new in-ear phones for my band as we made the mistake of leaving all our phones and receiver packs at a recent gig so needed to replace them.

I bought three pairs of Shure SCL3-K phones which are the updated version of the Shure E3 phones which I used to use. They are an excellent piece of kit if you're planning on going down the in-ear monitoring route and have much better bass response than the Shure E2 phones.

Anyway, since buying them, our drummer has decided he would prefer to use a wedge monitor and the guitarist is feeling the same way though still undecided. I have one pair definitely for sale therefore, possibly two if there's interest.

These are brand new, completely unused phones that come in a neat little carry case with a selection of sleeves of varying types (soft silicon, foam, tapered foam and flanged) so you should be able to find a good fit for you. They are also compatible with custom moulded earpieces. I have unpacked them from the blister packs (in case I got stopped at customs) but have all the paperwork still sealed (warranty instructions etc.) but as I say they are brand new and unused.

I've used the predecessor E3 phones over the past year and found them to be fantastic.

Shure's info on them is here [url="http://www.shure.co.uk/ProAudio/Products/ShureProducts/PersonalMonitorSystems/uk_pro_SCL3_content"]http://www.shure.co.uk/ProAudio/Products/S...ro_SCL3_content[/url]

These retail at around £150 in the UK, I'm just looking to get back what I paid for them which was a smidge under £110, so will sell at £110 ono posted.

You can buy 'em brand new from Thomanns for that price with a 30 day money back guarantee and no risk of getting an ear infection!!!

Just found one even better - direct from the States, free shipping $180 - £87!!!

Edited by angelboy

With respect, there's no risk of ear infection here either because the are brand new and completely unused.

Also if you buy a pair from Thomann you'll have to pay delilvery on top - plus their exchange rate as displayed on the site is always a little lower than what you end up paying once your bank/card company have had their little slice of the exchange rate - same applies with the US buy and you have the possibilty of paying import and VAT charges on top.

I'm not trying to rip anyone off here, and my price is £110 or near offer, including postage. It really pisses me off when people post comments like yours on other people's for sale ads, especially when it's not like I'm trying to rip anyone off here, what did you gain from making that post that couldn't have been achieved by sending me a personal message? I've sold and bought ton of things on here and I've never conciously overpriced anything and where I've felt an item is overpriced I either steer clear or if I'm actually interested in buying I'll get in touch with the seller.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='P-T-P' post='81265' date='Oct 30 2007, 02:27 PM']I'm not trying to rip anyone off here, and my price is £110 or near offer, including postage. It really pisses me off when people post comments like yours on other people's for sale ads, especially when it's not like I'm trying to rip anyone off here, what did you gain from making that post that couldn't have been achieved by sending me a personal message? I've sold and bought ton of things on here and I've never conciously overpriced anything and where I've felt an item is overpriced I either steer clear or if I'm actually interested in buying I'll get in touch with the seller.[/quote]

Do you know, I've contacted people before via PM who are selling items that can be sourced elsewhere for similar prices in an effort that these guys are honest enough to go back and change the listing and do you know what I've got in reply? 'f*** off, it's nowt to do with you' so this time I make an effort to inform people that something that be sourced elsewhere to give them the power to make a choice and now I'm getting sh*t from it again.

No wonder society is turning into 'couldn't care less' about my neighbor attitude when all you get is grief from one side or another.

I'll take care of myself in future and everyone else can get f***ed!

Well I'm sure most people are actually capable of deciding for themselves whether something is or isn't worth buying. It's the manner and accuracy of your post that got my back up to be honest.

If you buy from Thomann it would cost 169 euros including delivery which going on the current rates is going to be about £120. Their 30 day money back guarantee states: "Please make sure you return the product in its original packaging including all accessories and be careful to avoid any signs of use!" Given that these phones come packed in a blister pack, it's going to be impossible to return them in a manner which suggests no use. You also have to pay the cost of return (unless you in Germany or there is a fault).

So my asking price is cheaper than Thomann (albeit not £50 cheaper or anything) and I'm open to offers on that price which I think makes it only fair that I should be pissed off that you've got involved and, whether intentional or not, have tried to make it seem like I'm ripping people off. You say you've had nothing but grief when you've got involved before, so I'll ask the question again, what did you gain from your post?

At the end of the day people are entitled to try and sell their stuff for whatever it's worth to them. So if someone wants to get £1200 for a bass that regularly sells for under £700, that's their business surely?

Given that these phones cost me just under £110 and that they are totally unused and have a full manufacturer warranty, what proce, including postage do you think I should have asked and will you be prepared to pay that price? Are you even interested in buying them at all? If you aren't, then why get involved?

Edited by P-T-P

Just to add to the Thomann pricing, I bought replacement receivers from them earlier this week and the purchase has shown up on my card statement today. Based on the exchange rate I got, a set of SCL3-K from Thomann would cost £121.82 delivered.

I have one set of these to sell, brand new, just unpacked from original packaging and I am open to offers.