Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**Gallien Kruger 700RB 1X15**SOLD**

Vipa

Hi guys

For sale is my GK 700RB bought from CrazyKiwi in 2007 and only used a handfull of times since. That being the case and seeing as I am so lazy I thought I'd nick his blurb from the original ad when I bought it.

This hasn't been gigged since I bought it, only used in my music room on low volumes and it is in pretty much 'as new' condition.

Crazy's blog:

These amps are warm powerful, clean and very articulate, I've found they're one of the few amps I've ever played that will faithfully reproduce any bass I've plugged into it from a flatwound loaded Celinder p-bass all the way to an Alembic, Smiths and Celinder Jazz. The wedge shape means I can hear myself superbly on stage with it and I have NEVER lacked for volume in any pub/club gigging situation. Competes easily with guitarists and their 100w Fender Twins. If you have a warm sounding bass or use lots of effects then this is a great amp - nothing else I've tried my Smiths through sounded as good because of how the mids are preserved. If you have an aggressive sounding bass - say one with a graphite neck, you might find the high end is a little too much on a flat setting but you can turn down the tweeter independently! Heck there's even a control for boosting growl! Output is rated at 480w at 4ohm (with a 4ohm extension cab plugged in). Adding a 2x10 easily creates the best on stage sound I've ever experienced.

Here's some blurb from the site:

The Artist Series RB combos put full-featured Artist Series heads into professional combo enclosures in a variety of speaker options. All are designed for easy transport, ruggedness, compact size, tilt-back use, and to deliver the warm tone and output that leads to exceptional musical perfmance.

The 1001RB and 700RB are bi-amp units that come with horn-loaded enclosures and are able to drive horn-loaded cabinets from the Artist Series RBH cabinets. For pro-peromance in any size venue, the Artist Series combos provide the best in bass sound and are priced to rank among the best values in bass gear.

POWER 90dB, Clip LED, -14dB Pad, Volume, Mute Switch and Mute LED
VOICING FILTER: 5/4 String Voicing, Adjustable Contour and Presence
EQUALIZER: In-Series Four Band Active
OUTPUT: Boost, Tweeter Level with Hi-Cut Switch and Woofer Level with Hi-Cut Switch
DIRECT OUT: XLR, Ground Lift, Pre/Post Switches and Level Control
PATCHING: Send, Return and Tuner Out
SPEAKER OUTPUT: Two 1/4" and Two HMS-compatible Speakon Connectors
WOOFER: 1xGK-Paragon 15B400-8 Cast Frame 15", 400W, 8 ohm High Presence Voice Coil
TWEETER: GK-Paragon 5H50-8
CONSTRUCTION: 11-Ply Poplar, Black Carpet, 16 Gauge Steel Grill, Lock 'N Roll Transport System, Custom Tooled Interlocking Corners, Front Ported
WEIGHT: 77 lbs
DIMENSIONS: 21.75"W x 24.75"H x 18"D

I can't ship this, it's just too heavy and it would cost a small fortune. If you want to arrange carriage from your end I will gladly package it up best I can (TNT may offer a cost effective service!) Collection is fine or I'm willing to travel up to 50 miles from Stockton on Tees to meet up/deliver.

Will be putting this on Evilbay shortly but will give BC members first dibs Looking for £300 or vvvvvvvno

Also selling my Yamaha BB-NE2, have a look under basses for sale

Edited by Vipa