Why become a member? ×

mint TOBIAS basic5 pre-gibson

leloupa

Bought this bass from a california studio where it was kept in the case just incase they needed a bass with a low B string. The studio did a large investment buying new instruments, the best they could find during the late eighties..
I was the one pushing the 'buy it now' button on this hardly played bass even ariving here with the original strings still on.

Want a '60 Fender investment-player ? guess you'll find 100 if you search the net a few hours..

Here's a very rare mint TOBIAS basic 5 serial 1519 (from only 2044 made), wenge-maple neck, walnut wings, original and hardly damaged Tobias case.

price = 2500€

Edited by leloupa

[quote name='leloupa' post='722909' date='Jan 24 2010, 11:30 AM']Guess the pictures were not clear enough..
I made these just a few minutes ago, still no intrest :rolleyes: ?[/quote]

What a fantastic looking bass. I just bought another bass. Otherwise I would have taken the first train to Belgium... :)

Thank you for the bump !

Why ? I guess most bassists associate the Tobias brand with most cheap Gibson rip offs. (though they have expensive rip-offs too).
Here's another peace of my art collection , ladies and gentleman.. Take a few seconds and look why there is a pre-gibson Tobias holy-grail legacy ..

Guess you aint never seen something like this this before :