Why become a member? ×

Help me find my perfect delay/reverb pedal

joegarcia

Hi there, hopefully someone can help me with my confused ambience needs.

Right, what I am ideally looking for is an 'all in one' delay and reverb option that isn't massive and is true stereo in and out. At the moment I have a Boss RE-20 Space Echo, EHX MMWH and a Marshall reflector on my board and I can just about get the sounds I need out of them. However the RE-20 isn't true stereo and the Marshall is mono in. I could probably sort it with re-routing and bypass loops but am looking for suggestions of single pedals that may have what I need.

As well as these pedals above I've been through the Boss DD6, DD7, DD-20 and Akai Headrush.

My favourite delay pedal ever is the Deluxe Memory Man (original analog one) so something that can get those kinda sounds in stereo would be ideal.
I need to be able to have 'trails' after bypassing the unit.
If the RE-20 had savable presets, longer reverb and was true stereo it would probably do.

I reckon if the Eventide Timefactor had reverbs that would probably be ideal.

Would rather stay in pedal form but guess I could go rack if pushed although my amps don't have fx loops.

Budget can stretch to £200/£300 I guess if really needed as I can raise that by selling my Headrush, EHX MMWH and RE-20.

Hopefully that all makes some sense...

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='713045' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:54 PM']If you have that large a budget why not go for the Eventide Timefactor. Its simply amazing! Also on the other delay post I have added a reply which breaks down a few different delays if you have a look.[/quote]

Doesn't have reverb unfortunately, same prob with all the ones in the other post. Really looking for an all in one ambience solution.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='713099' date='Jan 14 2010, 09:37 PM']Doesn't have reverb unfortunately, same prob with all the ones in the other post. Really looking for an all in one ambience solution.[/quote]

You should be able to edit the delay to create a reverb effect whithout any difficulty. BTW if you can get beyond the modelling issue then the M9 is amazing for ambient sounds. I love mine and the verbs and delays are the best thing about it.

Yeah, if you can get to try one out, I would. It might not be perfect for you, for the reasons you stated, but it might just surprise you. And on the size thing - if you were considering a DL4 at one point, then the M9 has a very similar footprint. And if it has way more than you'll use, just don't use it :) There's more than enough delay/reverb in that thing to justify the space it takes up IMO.

Check out the Damage Control Timeline

[url="http://damagecontrolusa.com/products/timeline/"]http://http://damagecontrolusa.com/products/timeline/[/url]

I have searched long & hard for "the perfect" all in one delay/reverb pedal & for me this is it.
From Epic Beautiful soundscapes to crazy sci-fi modulation & everything in between

It's really warm sounding for a digital delay thanks to the dual 12AX7's
The pedal can store 8 presets & is fully midi compatible so with a midi footswitch you have access to 1280 presets - Wowzer !

Do yourself a favour man - Check em out !

Edited by rick-blood