Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA BB605 5 string SOLD

Cygnus x-1

Now sold. YAMAHA BB605 5 string bass, black, with padded gig bag included. Now I got this off a freind to try out 5 strings and now funds dictate I need to move on a bass as I have 4 string fretted and fretless.

It is a very well made bass and is well respected and gets good reveiws. It is nice to play and is a good way to try 5 strings or as a quality back up.

I'm not technically minded but apparantly it has very good electronics (Nathan East NE1 parametric eq) just google it and have a read. The neck is beautifull and true and it sounds very nice. Condition wise it has been gigged (not by me) a few times so the back has a little buckle rash and the gold hardware is not as shiny as it probably was when new but there are no chips or dents on it, a good workhorse instrument! I'm probably making it sound worse than it actually is but i like to be honest about stuff i'm selling.

These basses usually go for about £250 but i'm seelling mine for £200 inc free posting in the UK. OR I will do a deal with a ROLAND CUBE 100 bass amp combo. pm me if interested

[attachment=40001:yambass_008.jpg]
[attachment=40002:yambass_007.jpg]

Edited by Cygnus x-1

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='709082' date='Jan 11 2010, 05:25 PM']Hi, For Sale YAMAHA BB605 5 string bass, black, with padded gig bag included. Now I got this off a freind to try out 5 strings and now funds dictate I need to move on a bass as I have 4 string fretted and fretless.

It is a very well made bass and is well respected and gets good reveiws. It is nice to play and is a good way to try 5 strings or as a quality back up.

I'm not technically minded but apparantly it has very good electronics (Nathan East NE1 parametric eq) just google it and have a read. The neck is beautifull and true and it sounds very nice. Condition wise it has been gigged (not by me) a few times so the back has a little buckle rash and the gold hardware is not as shiny as it probably was when new but there are no chips or dents on it, a good workhorse instrument! I'm probably making it sound worse than it actually is but i like to be honest about stuff i'm selling.

These basses usually go for about £250 but i'm seelling mine for £200 inc free posting in the UK. OR I will do a deal with a ROLAND CUBE 100 bass amp combo. pm me if interested

[attachment=40001:yambass_008.jpg]
[attachment=40002:yambass_007.jpg][/quote]

It actually isn't an NE1 eq (there's no midrange frequency adjustment) - that was only on the very expensive BB-NE bass and the little silver NE1 box. Some of the Yamaha advertising was wrong. Having said that it does have a very useful three-band active EQ and the build quality is incredible. This is stupid cheap for 200 quid. I used to have one and can really recommend it. Good luck with the sale!