Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection 5 string

Chimike

Hi, I was reading Kalim's advert for his Superb Bass Collection bass, and drooling over the fantastic pictures, when I realised I still had my Bass Collection 5 string, model 315, I think, in a cupboard somewhere. Now, don't confuse the two basses, Kalims is the Super, top of the range model, and mine, although the same shape, is the painted version. Still a nice bass, with great hardware and active sgc nanyo pickups. I bought mine because I was having trouble getting used to the 5 string I had just had built, which had quite tight string spacing. I play quite hard, and my right hand is undisciplined, got me into all sorts of problems ! So, I figured, get a 5 string with normal 4 string spacing and practice with that. Took a while, as I don't think I'm a natural for the 5 string, but it worked. Then I switched to my new bass, and put the Bass Collection away. So now it's for sale. Nice Bass, well made in Japan, probably about 1990 ish, dark blue, slightly pearlescent finish, active, with two jazz type pickups, and active eq. Couple of small knocks on the body (minor), asking £195

[attachment=39729:IMG_0167.JPG]
[attachment=39716:IMG_0168.JPG]
[attachment=39718:IMG_0169.JPG]
[attachment=39720:IMG_0171.JPG]
[attachment=39721:IMG_0172.JPG]
[attachment=39723:IMG_0174.JPG]
[attachment=39727:IMG_0175.JPG]
[attachment=39730:IMG_0170.JPG]
[attachment=39731:IMG_0173.JPG]

Edited by Chimike

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' post='700121' date='Jan 3 2010, 11:27 PM']Pics..?[/quote]
Hi I see you have a SB301, I still have one of those somewhere, had it defretted to learn fretless, wish I hadn't, really nice basses. I still can't play fretless well enough to play gigs !
Best Wishes

[quote name='kingofthestuntmen' post='700492' date='Jan 4 2010, 02:34 PM']Big thread here - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=697&st=140&start=140"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...0&start=140[/url]

And here's mine...

[/quote]

Nice Bass, and nice pics too, I've added Pics of the 5 string, but need lessons in Digiphoto ! Thanks for index link, interesting reading.

• 2 months later...