Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!: Rickenbacker 4001CS

Stacker

Floated this twice without any takers. Up here again as Clarky is floating his Nash '63 and I quite fancy that!

Here's the blurb from the last time around:-

[color="#0000FF"]Up for sale is this lovely and rare 1993 Rickenbacker 4001CS outfit, complete with original case, certificate and case candy which includes: the German distributor's hanging tag; the original RIC North American warranty document (still 100% intact); the RIC owner's maintenance manual; RIC polishing cloth. Additional candy includes a large poster of Schindleria praematurus himself along with a review of the instrument and an interview with CS, taken from two contemporary trade magazines.

Points to note:-
raising of lacquer in upper regions of neck; no actual absence
reaction in pickguard around front pup mounts (common on the CS)
red leach mark near rear strap-pin; this was a reaction to foam on gtr stand

No other issues.

The instrument has never been gigged by me and it is my belief I am the second owner, given that I bought it from Germany where it was imported (see dealer's card). This bass has been in my possession for about 5 years and has been kept in its case ever since the reaction with the guitar stand.I don't bring it out much because I'm that paranoid about it getting dmamaged, so maybe it's time for it to go to a player. Please also note that this is one of the models with the slimmer neck and smaller 'cresting wave' on the headstock. There are quite a few that were made with fatter necks and headstocks when RIC, bizarrely and in the middle of a production run, changed the template of the V63, which is the bass the CS takes its footprint from.[/color]

HAd it up for £2.3K last time, which I don't think is unreasonable given what Ricks are selling for these days. Whilst that might be a nice price for me I understand it my be beyond what some can afford. Anyone truly intrested please drop me a PM with a reasonable yet sensible offer.

Stacker.

Edited by Stacker

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='thegreenman555' post='720196' date='Jan 21 2010, 03:04 PM']there's a couple of people over @ the Yesfans forum looking for one of these (me NOT included! Well.. er, no - I must resist") I'll post a link for you..[/quote]

Go on, then. I'd appreciate that. She just sits under the bed; can't risk twatting it so it would be better off in a player's hands.

PS: if you have seen these guys, give them this link, please. Might be easier for me if they come here.

Cheers.

Edited by Stacker

Ok, so the Chris Squire is still for sale. To add to that, due to something about to come onto the market, I may like to add feelers for:-

Fender Japan non-export 1965 reissue, all black with matching headstcok, mint green plate, dot and bound neck, Hipshot lollipop tuners. Plate,bridge and tuners not original, AFAIK.

Rickenbacker 4001 1973, cheq binding, wavy Grovers, toaster front pup, adjustable poles on rear pup, non-full width inlays.

I would welcome comments/interest on the above, inc the 4001CS.

Edited by Stacker

• 3 months later...