Why become a member? ×

Fitting a aftermarket pre in Yamaha TRB

captainhaddock

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='captainhaddock' post='682871' date='Dec 13 2009, 11:15 AM']Has anyone ever fitted a aftermarket pre-amp in a Yamaha TRB series bass!
If so did you have any problems/what did you fit?
Any thoughts would be very helpful!

Cheers[/quote]

It's pretty easy! The only massive difficulty with TRBs is the pickups which are slightly bigger then everyone elses...it's rather frustrating. But yeah if you look for a preamp that comes with 5 pots it's quite a good starting point (unless you don't mind drilling new holes or anything like that).

A few days ago I went ahead and bought myself the John East U-Retro 5 Knob Deluxe bass preamp, as the name implies this is a good fit and not to mention apparently sounding excellent.

If you want I will write again when I have installed the preamp.

I've also been thinking about replacing the preamp in my TRB5 and would be interested in any feedback on how easily the East pre went in and how well it worked with the stock Yamaha soapbar pickups. With pictures if possible. I suspect that a bit of drilling is needed ... Thanks

[quote name='benzies123' post='693701' date='Dec 26 2009, 01:26 PM']It's pretty easy! The only massive difficulty with TRBs is the pickups which are slightly bigger then everyone elses...it's rather frustrating. But yeah if you look for a preamp that comes with 5 pots it's quite a good starting point (unless you don't mind drilling new holes or anything like that).

A few days ago I went ahead and bought myself the John East U-Retro 5 Knob Deluxe bass preamp, as the name implies this is a good fit and not to mention apparently sounding excellent.

If you want I will write again when I have installed the preamp.[/quote]
I have been looking at the East pre or the Audere 4band any chance of letting me know how you get on with changing the pre!
cheers