Why become a member? ×

SOLD- ProCo Turbo Rat - SOLD

pantherairsoft

Hi guys....

As the title suggests, I have a ProCo Turbo Rat, 6 months old and still like new and boxed (no instructions though... it didn't come with any... bloody mail order!). This had a trip down to Max @ [sfx] and was modded with an increased bass level... ala Justin Chancellor (Tool).

The result is that the distortion control does very little below 1, but after 3 gives a huge aggressive bass distortion with loads of sustain. Basically it sounds the nuts! At the same time, the jack socket was also replaced with a standard boss type plug so no special adapters are needed to power this on your daisy chain etc!

It however does not suit the sound I am currently trying to achieve.

i am keen to trade this for a Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition (the purple one) if someone has one and is looking for something slightly different, or will consider selling for enough money to pick such a pedal up. (*SOLD* posted seems fair given the cost of modding a pedal).

Drop me a PM for a quicker reply!

Cheers

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

(free bump)

As Pantherairsoft described at lower setting the distortion is more subtle but as you turn up the gain, the distortion becomes more aggressive. Overall is a great little pedal that I recommend if you look for a solid distortion with a warm bass response.

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='682118' date='Dec 12 2009, 01:01 PM'](free bump)

As Pantherairsoft described at lower setting the distortion is more subtle but as you turn up the gain, the distortion becomes more aggressive. Overall is a great little pedal that I recommend if you look for a solid distortion with a warm bass response.[/quote]

... What he said :-)