Why become a member? ×

TC Cabs RS410

Flanker

Hi Just posted this on Talkbass but worth a cut and paste IMHO

Last week I was visiting BassDirect and I and a couple of others were playing through various Berg cabs and Mark also plugged in the RS410 from TC electronic.

I have Gas for a Berg NV412 and as you might expect it sounded huge with my Puma 1000 head (only using one side!)but it is a heavy cab. I was amazed at the volume and deep loud tone that the RS410 produced, tone-wise it reminded me of the NV412!Also its a 8ohm cab ?

We played the Staccato head, my Puma and also a Shuttle9 head through it. I have never really taken to the tone of the Shuttle amps, they have always sounded a bit thin when flat IMO. The Shuttle9 was HUGE with the RS410 with EQ flat but the Deep switch engaged. In fact all the amps sounded fantastic with that cab if you like a deep punchy tone.

Mark is getting more RS210 and212 cabs soon so we couldn't try them but the RS410 is different according to him. It is a heavy cab (80lbs) and I think it would be awkward to move around although I didn't lift or move it on the day.

Maybe I'll get a NV412 as the castors make it potentailly easier to move than a lot of smaller cabs. The TC RS410 is really worth looking at for a deep punchy and loud cab IMO.