Why become a member? ×

Couple of new-ish recordings by my band, Soviet Disco

firmo

Hello everyone,

My band had a weekend away at a friend's studio in Bradford a couple of weeks ago. We got two songs nailed while we were down there and they're up on our Myspace page www.myspace.com/sovietdiscomusic

It'd be great to get some feedback so please have a listen and let me know what you think.

Cheers
Kev

I liked it.

Insane has got a nice 80s/new romantic feel to it. Good production and strong distinctive vocals.

Sheila Tequila is just a brilliant name for a song! In fact Soviet Disco is a pretty good name too.

Both tracks sound great but would possibly benefit by being a little shorter. If this is the first stuff that you've recorded together then I'd say that bodes well for the future.

Thanks elom. I definitely agree with you re: they could do with being shorter. Most of the work we've been doing over the last few weeks has been sitting down and re-working songs to get them under the 4 minute mark.

Thanks for your comments they're very much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

My band have been back in the studio and recorded 3 new songs - Pandemic, Martyr For The Fallen and This Is Dogging. There's clips of all 3 new tracks now up on Myspace so please have a little listen and let me know what you think.

If anyone would like a fancy 5 track CD they can be purchased (for £1 + P&P, bargain huh?) from here www.sovietdisco.bigcartel.com

Cheers!

edit: Pandemic was played on local BBC radio so can listen to the track in full on the listen again function - [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p005ztg8"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p005ztg8[/url] it's on about 1:12.00ish

Edited by firmo