Why become a member? ×

Help with Effects/ Pre-amp

silky13

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here with regards to a new effects unit/ pre amp....

The situation I have is that whenever me and the guitarist in my band do a technical lick together in a song the bass gets substantially lost because the guitarist boosts his signal using a line6 floor pedal that does everything, including probably making coffee!! I would also like to be able to bring some reverb, chorus, flanger, etc. to my sound for some songs.

Now for this I see two options available, in my very limited knowledge of equipment that is available. An effects processing unit or a pre-amp unit and seperate indivdual effects pedals.

Does anyone have good/bad experiences of different units and any suggestions of units that would suit my needs!?

Cheers in advance!
Tom

p.s.
I think I would prefer rack mountable with a footswitch as I have plenty of spare space in my rack, though it is not the be all end all! And I have got a P-bass going through a behringer compressor to my Peavey tour 450 head and 4x10 cab.

I think that is everything!