Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass Blowtorch xxxWITHDRAWNxxx

CPBass

Up for grabs is my immaculate hardly used MXR Bass Blowtorch Effect Pedal. This is what Jim Dunlop have to say about this evil brick:

The M-181 MXR Bass Blowtorch bass overdrive pedal is made to deliver the hottest sounds this side of Hades-from a tube-like growl to full-blown distorted madness. Because the Bass Blowtorch's overdrive is focused in the midrange frequencies, you'll retain your low-end thunder and high-end sizzle while the overdriven mids cut through any mix. An active 3-band EQ with a mid shift switch provides precise signal balancing, while the Blend knob lets you balance the distortion with the direct signal for the exact tone you're after. 18-volt performance equals increased dynamic headroom, clarity, and low noise no matter the volume level, and true bypass circuitry means it's really off when you want it off, leaving your signal completely unaffected.

MXR M-181 Bass Blowtorch Overdrive Distortion Pedal Features:

From traditional tube-like growl to full-blown high-gain distortion
18V performance for increased dynamic headroom and clarity
Low-noise performance at loud volumes
Active 3-band EQ with 3-position mid shift for precise tone sculpting
Distortion and direct signal blending
Real-world tested by world-class touring bassists
Tough die-cast housing
True hardwire bypass

Comes with original box (no power supply)

Offers around £80 considered. Will accept paypal or postal order.

Let me know if your interested

Cheers

Col

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='70893' date='Oct 8 2007, 08:15 AM']Up for grabs is my immaculate hardly used MXR Bass Blowtorch Effect Pedal. This is what Jim Dunlop have to say about this evil brick:

The M-181 MXR Bass Blowtorch bass overdrive pedal is made to deliver the hottest sounds this side of Hades-from a tube-like growl to full-blown distorted madness. Because the Bass Blowtorch's overdrive is focused in the midrange frequencies, you'll retain your low-end thunder and high-end sizzle while the overdriven mids cut through any mix. An active 3-band EQ with a mid shift switch provides precise signal balancing, while the Blend knob lets you balance the distortion with the direct signal for the exact tone you're after. 18-volt performance equals increased dynamic headroom, clarity, and low noise no matter the volume level, and true bypass circuitry means it's really off when you want it off, leaving your signal completely unaffected.

MXR M-181 Bass Blowtorch Overdrive Distortion Pedal Features:

From traditional tube-like growl to full-blown high-gain distortion
18V performance for increased dynamic headroom and clarity
Low-noise performance at loud volumes
Active 3-band EQ with 3-position mid shift for precise tone sculpting
Distortion and direct signal blending
Real-world tested by world-class touring bassists
Tough die-cast housing
True hardwire bypass

Comes with original box (no power supply)

Offers around £80 considered. Will accept paypal or postal order.

Let me know if your interested

Cheers

Col[/quote]
Withdrawn due to its phenomenal performance over the past few gigs. Spending time working with this pedal has really shown me its potential. Hence the change of heart. I was going to replace it with a Roger Mayer VoodooBass but not anymore. This definately aint a quick sound kinda pedal, well worth the effort once set.

just thought Id let you guys know =)

Cheers

C