Why become a member? ×

Intonation adjustment problem

jmstone

I've just put some new strings (Elixir Nanoweb .45) on my Warwick Streamer. Everything seemed to be OK except on the E string, E on the 12th fret was sharp. I have moved the saddle to the longest setting for the string, and the open/12th fret are much closer, but 12th fret on E string is still very slightly sharp - the saddle won't move any further though. Any ideas what might be going on? The other strings are all fine, with much more reasonable saddle settings.

James

This may sound odd, but on rare occassions you can get a stinker of a string. I restrung my Jazz recently and the E string just wouldn't play ball. The intonation was so obviously out to the ear I wondered what the hell was wrong with my bass. Eventually I swapped it for another new one and everything was fine. I don't know why this happened but was very relieved it wasn't my bass. The strings were earnie ball super slinkys, so I dont know if there are a bad batch ou there?