Why become a member? ×

For sale: Rare Warr Artist 10

pjmuck

Feeling adventurous? :)

I am selling my rare custom Warr Artist 10. (As played by Trey Gunn of King Crimson). Excellent condition, not sure of the year it was made, but I believe around 1996. This is a 10 string Chapman Stick-style tapping instrument but WAY better quality. Who needs a guitarist when you can play bass and guitar simultaneously...in theory, LOL. I acquired it a few months ago and hate to give it up but I quickly realized I just don't have time to learn a new instrument. If you happen to do two hand tapping on bass already then you're a step ahead. It's a beautiful unique instrument that needs to be played and needs a good home. Here are specs as I know them:

18 volt active preamp, Dual Bartolini full range stereo pickups split 5/5 each with 3-way pickup selector switch, volume/tone knob; Bolt on 5 piece maple/rosewood striped neck with rosewood board/ample inlays; 24 fret, 5 octave range. Sperzel locking tuners/strap locks; Strung in standard cross tuning with inverted 5ths bass side (E A D G C<>F# B E A D). Can also be tuned in 4ths if desired. Technically a lefty model, but truthfully when you're playing half the instrument in inverted 5ths anyway it doesn't make much of a difference. (I actually get around better on a righty, and I'm left handed). Comes with gig bag.

[attachment=35682:3c4e_1.JPG][attachment=35683:4a56_1.JPG][attachment=35685:4f7f_1.JPG] [attachment=35684:40e0_1.JPG]

Asking price: $2800US + shipping. For more info and some incredible videos, check out: [url="http://www.warrguitars.com"]Warr Guitars[/url]

Edited by pjmuck