Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Crafter BA-400EQ Electro Fretless Acoustic Bass

AndyTheBassBison

For Sale: Crafter BA-400EQ Electro Fretless Bass - £160 ONO

I have owned this bass for about a year and it has never got much use, which is a shame as it is a great piece of equipment. Unfortunately one of the tuners is damaged (will not keep in tune) and will need replacing. This should not cost very much to replace. I have fitted a thumb rest (which can probably be removed if needed) so you can rest your thumb like on an electric bass' pickups.

Spec:

Top : Spruce
Back & sides : Ashwood
Machine heads : Chrome diecast
Position marks : Dot
Controls : Timber PLUS PreAmp & Shadow pick-up
Finish : Satin

This bass currently retails for about £250 new & comes with a padded gigbag worth £15 so get yourself a good deal!

Ideally pick up from Newcastle-upon-Tyne city centre, I would rather not post due to its delicate nature.

Thanks for looking,

Andy.

Edited by AndyTheBassBison

[quote name='AndyTheBassBison' post='640311' date='Oct 29 2009, 05:55 PM']How does £140 sound? Any takers?[/quote]

How damaged is the tuner exactly? Is the actually guitar itself damaged in any way?
If possible i would like to see a pic or two. I've jsut brought a fretted one and a fretless twin would be nice....

The tuner will need replacing/repairing as it has very little grip and the string will de-tune itself in a few minutes - no idea why as it just starting happening one day randomly. I can't seem to see what is wrong with it so I can't fix it. I'll take some photos and get them up in the next few days hopefully. You are welcome to come and try her out. Currently strung up with Fender nickel flats. There is no real damage to the actual bass - maybe a little scratch or two - nothing major though.

Thanks for the interest!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...