Why become a member? ×

Cheap Cheap Precision Bass Copy - £50

chriswilliams666

Hey guys

Up for grabs is my girlfriends Johnson JP-800 starter bass. She started at Christmas 2008 as this was a present. I think the "Fad" lasted until Boxing day. The best thing about the bass is the "apparent" Alder body and the hardware is ok. I have no idea how to confirm this but all the spec online says it is Alder. It is in immaculate condition

Here is the spec (as per online shop)
[i]These basses suitable for anybody from student players to live players and even studio use, they make the perfect back us bass and are ideal for the home studio set-up.

You get a bass with a heavy alder body, traditional bolt on 34" scale hard maple neck with rosewood skunk stripe and a 20 fret rosewood fingerboard. The Johnson basses generally set up very well with a good action, excellent for a bass in this price group and thanks to the good quality elephant ear chrome tuners they stay in tune.

Apart from the high quality woods used you also get an amazing Johnson EMG Precision style pick-up which is just outstanding. The controls are chrome and consist of one volume and one tone control giving a good flexible range of tones that when put through a decent amp at high volumes will simply amaze you

All in all these are remarkably high spec basses for the money and you will not be disappointed with the weight, appearance, the feel, balance or tone in fact you will probably wish you had bought a couple at the same time.

Full size 4 string bass
Alder body
C profile maple neck with skunk stripe inlay.
Adjustable neck truss rod
20 fret rosewood fingerboard
1 x Johnson EMG pick-up
1 x volume controls
1 x tone control
3 ply scratch plate white-black-white
Chrome open back tuners with elephant ear pegs.
Traditional adjustable chrome bridge
Scale length 34" - 86.5cm.
15/8th" - 42mm nut width
Total bass length 47" - 119cm[/i]

I am after a local collection only as it isn't worth shipping.

£50 to a good home.

I am in Bognor Regis, West Sussex.

BUMPETY BUMP!![quote name='chriswilliams666' post='629969' date='Oct 19 2009, 12:05 AM']Hey guys

Up for grabs is my girlfriends Johnson JP-800 starter bass. She started at Christmas 2008 as this was a present. I think the "Fad" lasted until Boxing day. The best thing about the bass is the "apparent" Alder body and the hardware is ok. I have no idea how to confirm this but all the spec online says it is Alder. It is in immaculate condition

Here is the spec (as per online shop)
[i]These basses suitable for anybody from student players to live players and even studio use, they make the perfect back us bass and are ideal for the home studio set-up.

You get a bass with a heavy alder body, traditional bolt on 34" scale hard maple neck with rosewood skunk stripe and a 20 fret rosewood fingerboard. The Johnson basses generally set up very well with a good action, excellent for a bass in this price group and thanks to the good quality elephant ear chrome tuners they stay in tune.

Apart from the high quality woods used you also get an amazing Johnson EMG Precision style pick-up which is just outstanding. The controls are chrome and consist of one volume and one tone control giving a good flexible range of tones that when put through a decent amp at high volumes will simply amaze you

All in all these are remarkably high spec basses for the money and you will not be disappointed with the weight, appearance, the feel, balance or tone in fact you will probably wish you had bought a couple at the same time.

Full size 4 string bass
Alder body
C profile maple neck with skunk stripe inlay.
Adjustable neck truss rod
20 fret rosewood fingerboard
1 x Johnson EMG pick-up
1 x volume controls
1 x tone control
3 ply scratch plate white-black-white
Chrome open back tuners with elephant ear pegs.
Traditional adjustable chrome bridge
Scale length 34" - 86.5cm.
15/8th" - 42mm nut width
Total bass length 47" - 119cm[/i]

I am after a local collection only as it isn't worth shipping.

£50 to a good home.

I am in Bognor Regis, West Sussex.[/quote]