Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Washburn J-6 Jazz Guitar - Tobacco Sunburst

Hi - clearing out the last of my guitars as I only ever really play basses these days. Up for grabs is a Washburn J-6 archtop jazz guitar in Tobacco Sunburst. It's a pretty well constructed Gibsonesque hollowbody with a couple of humbuckers going to a 3-way switch & volume/tone for each pickup, split-block inlays, bound set neck, gold hardware & a rosewood bridge. This is one of the older Korean ones (I think it's from the mid '90s). I'm the second owner - the guy I bought it off had it from new and it was his main guitar for a while. It sounds great & there's everything you'd expect from noodling jazz on the neck pickup to trebly bite on the bridge. Looks the business too - it's the only guitar my other half has never asked me to move when it's found it's way into the living room! Here are some pics: -

[attachment=31865:IMGP0912.JPG][attachment=31866:IMGP0910.JPG][attachment=31867:IMGP0913.JPG]

There are a couple of things I should say about it: -

- The gold plating on the bridge is a bit worn. Doesn't effect playability though
- The strap holder on the top of the body works fine, but there's a bit of play on it. If I was going to gig with it I'd maybe put another one on behind the neck join or take it to be fixed. I usually sit down with it so it's not been a problem to me.
- It needs a set up. It's buzzy at the top of the neck on a couple of frets on the lower strings (around the 17th fret on the bottom E/A). It's fine apart from that - I never really play up there so I'd never noticed until I decided to sell. I reckon it needs a bit of truss rod adjustment & possibly a minor fret stone to sort it out, but I'm no expert so didn't want to try & bodge it.

It comes with a lined hard case.

I reckon a fair price for it to a Basschatter would be £[s]200[/s]175. Would prefer a face-to-face deal if possible - I'm based in Newcastle.

Cheers,

B.

Edited by bentdice

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped price to £175 with the case. The action's very playable as it is and it's only a couple of notes up the top end that buzz, so at this price it's a bit of a bargain if jazzers are your thing. To be honest, I'd get it set up & keep it if I still played guitar, but I'd prefer to find it a home where it'll see a bit more use than it's getting here...

Cheers,

B.

• 2 weeks later...