Why become a member? ×

good gig

Tait

we had a gig tonight, and we were bored of playing the same old setlist, so yesterday we had a 4 hour band practice and at least half of the set tonight was stuff we'd only learnt yesterday, including one original we'd only written yesterday. and we had a missing rythm guitarist. yet i've been given compliments on how tight the band sounded, weird or what?

it was a suprisingly good gig, too. we weren't getting paid, it was just playing with a band we've played with on several occasions so that was one of the reasons we went for a new set on short notice was because it didn't really matter if our playing was sloppy, that band would still book us to play with them (its the bassist of the other band who runs the gigs), and so we figured who cared if it was poor for one gig? but it wasn't, it was quite good, the new songs just clicked and we went down really well.

i just thought i'd share :)

any one else had a suprisingly good gig recently?

Good for you! It can be good to shake things up every now and then.

I once did a gig with my band where one of the singers and I had written the tune the night before. 15 minutes before we went on, I taught the music to the guitarist in my car, while one singer taught the vocals to the other in his car. I was very pleased when we managed to pull that one off!