Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

***Sold***

AdamWoodBass

Hey guys,

A couple of things that just dont get played anymore which is a real shame so I'm offering them up to go to a good home.

First up is a MIM Fender Jazz 5 in sunburst. You can see a few pics of it on my myspace and also the first 2 tracks on the mp3 player are done using only the fender. A few very small knocks on it from being gigged but otherwise in great condition. Looking for £250. Would prefer not to post this as I don't have a case for it. I'd be willing to meet up somewhere within reason.

Next is a Freshman Acoustic G**tar. I'll get some pics of it asap. Its a really nice instrument and sounds very bright. Great for recording although unfortunately I don't have any recordings of it anymore! This doesnt have a mark on it and it's barely been gigged. Looking for £120. Comes with a gig bag but again would prefer not to post due to horror stories about parcel football at the depots!

I'm looking to raise cash so make me an offer in the ball park!

Cheers

Adam

Edited by AdamWoodBass

No mate she's passive, dead easy to upgrade though if you wanted to put a john east in it. I've seen it done and the results were awesome. I'm not holding onto it simply because I prefer my Farida and it just never gets played nowadays which is a shame cos it's a really nice bass. I've used it in the studio a lot and loads of producers have commented on how nice it sounds. As far as trades goes what have you got? I may be interested!

Cheers

Adam

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' post='573501' date='Aug 18 2009, 09:26 PM']No mate she's passive, dead easy to upgrade though if you wanted to put a john east in it. I've seen it done and the results were awesome. I'm not holding onto it simply because I prefer my Farida and it just never gets played nowadays which is a shame cos it's a really nice bass. I've used it in the studio a lot and loads of producers have commented on how nice it sounds. As far as trades goes what have you got? I may be interested!

Cheers

Adam[/quote]

I do like the tone, had a watch of one of ur videos, all about that back pickup on the jazz and that Jaco sound that i've really gotten into, my main bass is a Yamaha TRB5ii and that gets some really nice jazz tones of it, but id love a proper jazz bass, but i like having the active e.q as well. As for the trade, im trying to trade off my Ibanez SR900,its just not the tone that im looking for any more, much prefer the jazz tone.

Chris

Never really got on with Ibaneziziz unfortunately mate, had a couple and I cant really put my finger on what it is I didnt like. They're excellent quality but just not really my thing. As far as the jaco sound goes the jazz is great for that, I usually have the neck pickup on half, the bridge on full and the tone on about half to a quater depending on the newness of the strings. To be honest if its that sound you're after you probably wouldn't need an active bass although if its the flexibility you're looking for then like I said stick a john east in it and you're well away. You could also try having an external preamp if you dont want to muck about with the bass. I would recommend a DBX 386 mic preamp, one of the nicest tones I've ever had out of a bass!