Why become a member? ×

Schertler PUB 280 Powered speaker for sale.

gcordez

Ill be selling my lovely Schertler powered speaker to try and ward of the credit card demons. This is a seriously great little setup, absolutely brilliant for double bass or any accoustic instruments. Its got extremely high SPL which means it cut cut through loud and clear without having to go stupid loud and preserves the 'acoustic' sound of the instrument perfectly.
I really cant recommend this amp enough and ill be very sad to see it go.

All you need is a preamp and your off (itll work without a preamp also, but sounds much much better with one). Ill also be selling my Schertler PRE-AIII preamp which goes beautifully with this amp and is the suggested setup by Schertler themselves.

Anybody using the STAT-B or DYN-B should seriously consider this amp (and preamp) to get the most from the pickup.

The 2009 price for this is £1085, this is less than a year old and ill be looking for £680 (im taking a big hit..)
I figure a new Gally MB150 is around this price, and this absolutely obliterates it for volume, clarity and acoustic sound.

The Schertler PUB-Series active loudspeaker systems provide extremely powerful and portable solutions to a variety of sound-reinforcement challenges.

PUB 2/280 Active 2-Way Loudspeaker

The Schertler PUB 2/280 consists of an 8” bass reflex driver plus a 1” compression tweeter, housed in an extremely portable enclosure. Driven by two built-in amplifiers (200 watts RMS into 8 ohms for the low end, 80 watts RMS into 8 ohms for the highs, both with less than 0.10% THD), the PUB 2/280 has a frequency response of 38 HZ to 22 kHz while delivering 118 dB of clean, accurate sound.

Designed for acoustic instrument stage amplification (in combination with the Schertler PRE-AII) or small club PA applications, the PUB 2/280 can be used either by itself or in combination with the PUB 1/380 Active Bass Extension.

"The Schertler Dyn-B transducer sounds amazingly natural. There is plenty of variable control with the preamp [Pre-AII] to truly fine-tune the sound of your instrument. The pickup is simple to attach to the bass and it seems to be completely oblivious to sounds of other instruments in close proximity. When using the Dyn-B with the PUB 2/280 active loudspeaker system, my acoustic sound was incredibly duplicated."
- Rufus Reid [/b]